My Deccan Romance..!!

Imagine walking by the lakeside barefooted, the soft cold sand brushing your feet, the stars shining so bright, the boats floating with excited tourists, the birds chirping on the trees, the western ghats harping the tunes of culture, the city busy with daily struggles far away... Yes right, I am talking about the Jambhulwadi Lake in Pune. I recently visited Pune and lost a huge piece of my heart there!

You go to the mountains for the cool breeze, peace, views, solitude; and oceans for beautiful sand, saltwater, and calmness. However, Pune offers you everything at one single location plus the amazing atmosphere all around the year. Pune attracts you with the beautiful climate, then flirts with occasional drizzles and finally make you fall in love with the sky full of stars!

Lavasa, Pune, Image Courtesy: Thrillophillia via Google

Pune is like the jewel in the princess crown, spanning across many mesmerizing places and hilltops worth visiting such as Mahabaleshwar, Lonavala, Panchgani, Khandala, Lavale and many more! Also, how can one forget the beautiful aamchi Mumbai just 3 hours drive away! Furthermore, your WhatsApp group "Goa, here we come!!" will also come alive! Just leave one drunken night from Pune and the next morning you find yourself in the laps of beautiful Goa beaches sunbathing to your heart's content!!

Virginia Woolf has rightly said, "One cannot think well, love well, sleep well if one has not dined well." Pune is an amalgamation of different cultures depicted by the variety of tasty dishes. You will surely enjoy the extremities in the food, if the tea is supposed to be sweet it will be extremely sweet, and if the Vada Pav is supposed to be spicy it will be extremely spicy yet tasty enough to satiate your taste buds!

Extremely Spicy Vada Pav, Image Courtesy: Justdial via Google


This is something everyone can tell you, I will share my personal affairs with Pune!

I stayed with a group of friends in Katraj, and their apartment had a captivating view of the Jambhulwadi Lake. It had such an enthralling lakeside garden where you could sit for hours with a cup of coffee and a good book. I did not get enough time to explore Pune since I was there for interviews, but even the small bits made me fall in love with the city!

The panoramic Jambhulwadi Lake


I had my first interview at SCMHRD, which had a fine campus, however, the aura, the students, the process actually sucked the life out of me. Most of the people, there had work experience and whenever I interacted with them, I felt like I was talking to my dad, so didn't interact much! Finished the process, went back home, spent some time by the lake, and went for a city ride late at night. The cool breeze in my hair actually turned the day over.

Next day. I had my SIBM interview, I was excited as I had heard a lot about the campus, and when I reached there, my joy had no bounds! The view took my breath away! It is such a beautiful campus located on a hilltop offering a marvelous view! I was the last interviewee in my panel, however, this was actually a blessing in disguise. I got to interact with so many interesting students of the college, they showed me stunning shots of the campus all around the year, that made me fall in deeper love with Pune! I met a guy named "Monarch", Yes, I kid you not, that is his actual name!!, and No, he did not rule the college or the state!


The Picturesque sunset at SIBM Pune

The whole process finished by the time of sunset, I know, LUCKY ME!!! The sunset was extremely serene and soothing! The tired and irritated sun, hides behind the western ghats gradually, throwing mad glittery shades of gold and orange over the clear sky, which looks absolutely heavenly! It looked like a scene fresh out of a romantic Bollywood movie. And yes, there was also a pre-wedding shoot going on, with the sunset in the background on the campus!

I had a train from Pune to Delhi early morning, which got delayed because of some unforeseen circumstances. Although, I took it as a sign that Pune, "Queen of the Deccan" has fallen in love with me as well! I hope we get a chance to rekindle our romance soon!!





Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Fe (Iron) Male (Man), I AM IRONMAN!!

School memories, Key to gaiety